I just wanted to start this post off by saying you’re welcome, because not only are these cookies delish but they also only take 20 mins to make. In case you are reading this and not a millennial, that is a V big deal. They’re also gluten and dairy free and vegan AF. I know, love you too.
– 4 mashed bananas (yes, the ones you forgot to eat last week and are mushy and gross)
– 2 cups of oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Steel Cut)
– 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
– Sliced almonds and maple syrup for garnish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Mash up the ripe bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the oats and peanut butter and stir until mixed. You’re going to get a little bit of a liquid-y consistency, add more oats if you want.
4. Form small balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat – I personally prefer to use these because the cookies bake more evenly and it’s less waste. #savetheturtles
5. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of each cookie and carefully drizzle maple syrup on top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 10-15 mins after taking out of the oven. You will notice the cookies will be a little moist but they will firm up after cooling.
8. Eat as many as you want and brag about how healthy you are at work the next day.