Even though this sauce isn’t completely from scratch, its an easy way to get that “home made” taste without spending a lot of time. I love using this rosé sauce with my Ground Turkey Zoodles recipe (just swap out the ginger sauce and spices). Feel free to make your own tomato sauce beforehand if you wish, I’m clearly a bad Italian. Sorry Nonna!
What you need:
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (I like Farm Boy brand, but make your own if you want)
- Small carton of whipping cream (237 ml)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Warm up a cup of tomato sauce in a sauce pan on medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add in the entire carton of whipping cream and raise the heat to high. Stir and let thicken.
- Once the sauce is bubbling and thick, lower the heat back to medium and add in your parmesan cheese. Taste it and add more if you want it more cheesy.
- Stir everything and add salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat to keep warm until you pour it over your pasta/zoodles.
Shop this post: